Plantiful Crafternoon Camp (Get on our wait list ⤵️)
Camp is sold out for summer 2022. Get on our VIP list just for workshops, camps and events here. We'll email you if another week becomes available.
Looking for a hands on, engaging and chill experience for your tween or teen?
If you've got a crafter in your home who is passionate about an eco lifestyle and would also be into things like: making their own plant-based beauty products, succulent terrariums, macrame, gardening and chilling out with yoga to balance it all out . . . this is perfect for your 10-15 year old!
Session One: July 4th to 8th, 2022, 12:45 - 3:45
Session Two: July 25th to 29th, 2022, 12:45 - 3:45
We will be hosted in the lovely Lowe + Simone sewing and DIY loft in downtown Whitby.
Only 8 spots available in each session.
All materials provided. Light, nutritious snack included.
Total camp cost: $345
*Camp form will be sent via email after purchase to collect name, age and all other relevant information and permissions.
What will we make and do together?
- DIY a macrame plant hanger, succulent terrarium, eco friendly perfume and deodorant, and all-natural plant protector spray;
- Chill out and move our bodies to feel good with yoga;
- Visit the Whitby Farmers Market and Green & Frugal (both walking distance from Lowe & Simone)
- Have a Plantiful Party on the last day.
- Have fun and be creative!
Other important things we'll learn:
- All about the cool science of soil, roots, and desert plants;
- How to care for house plants and how to style them in a room;
- A few new ideas about how to care for your own mental and physical wellness;
- The calming effects of mindful breathing, gentle stretching and working with soil and plants;
- Embodiment practices, i.e. connecting what's going on inside our bodies with how we feel and how we interact with our world;
- Life skills for a climate positive future;
- Be inspired by creative and local businesses that benefit the local economy and the environment.
Who is the teacher?
Sarah Peel is the right person to create a learning experience that will connect your tween/teen's head, heart and hands! She is the Founder of Petit Soleil, a teacher with the Durham District School Board, a yoga instructor who loves to journal and DIY, and an experienced camp leader with a degree in Environmental Studies.
She has grown her own garden and tended to house plants for as long as she can remember, but over the past two years of the pandemic, she really became curious about the connection between mental wellness, self care, and tending to house plants. During this time she also apprenticed in the art of making botanical skin and body care at a zero waste refillery in downtown Whitby.
What are the safety precautions?
Instructor is fully vaccinated. There are only 8 spots each week to avoid crowding. This is also a mask-friendly camp.