Grow and Glow Workshops for Adults
Looking for a tactile and calming experience for your staff or community group? Making this gorgeous terrarium is just the thing. It's like a craft project, yoga session, horticultural therapy and an ecology lesson all in one! (It's also a great non-digital team building exercise!)
Here's a 15 second video example from one of my past workshops!
*exact plants depend on availability
** we can substitute the terrarium for a simpler plant and pot if desired
What will you experience and learn?
- All about the cool science of soil, roots, and desert plants;
- How to care for your succulents and other plants in general;
- A few new ideas about how to care for your own mental and physical wellness;
- The calming effects of mindful breathing, gentle stretching and working with soil and plants;
- Sacred or symbolic connection to objects from nature (i.e. driftwood from Lake Ontario, moss agate and rose quartz).
What's "Chair Yoga"? See the 20 sec video for a quick demo. No mat needed!
What comes in the kit?**
- a beautiful teardrop glass and brass terrarium (1' tall x 6" wide);
- a bunny ear cacti and succulent (echeveria or agave);
- real moss, driftwood from Lake Ontario, moss agate and rose quarts crystals;
- sand, pebbles, and succulent soil;
- a colourful journal and instruction sheet; and
- a mindful breathing and stretching "Chair Yoga" session lead by Sarah
Who is the teacher?
Sarah Peel is the right person to create a learning experience that connects your head, heart and hands! She is the Founder of Petit Soleil, a yogi with deep prayer practice, and an experienced classroom teacher with a degree in Environmental Studies. She has grown her own garden and tended to house plants for as long as she can remember, but over this year of the pandemic, she really became curious about the connection between mental wellness, self care, and tending to house plants. What recent brain and productivity science reveals on this topic is really stunning! You will be sparked by the magic (mystery + science) of plants, refreshed with deep breathing and mindfulness, and (re)inspired to care for your mental wellness in these frustrating and unpredictable times!
Where and when does it take place?
Sarah will travel anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area. The workshop requires about 1.5 hours (but can be augmented up to 2 hours). Workshops can take place in board rooms, yoga studios, or other community meeting places.